Visas info for International Students

To participate in Big Bummit, you may or may not need a visa. To check this, please consult with this external website by clicking here

If you are an international student, and think you need a visa, please contact EEI at immediately for guidance.

If you need a visa, then you can apply for a Short Stay (C) Schengen Visa with the assistance of the advice centre which can be found in Sheffield Students Union.

Bummit reserves a certain number of tickets for International Students, therefore you DO NOT need to buy a ticket until you have a visa. This is so that in the unlikely event your visa is refused, your ticket fees for Big Bummit will not be lost as a result.

The process of getting a visa can take a few weeks depending on your passport issuing country, and will also require you to book an appointment and provide fingerprints to the corresponding consulate, so please start this process as soon as possible. For further assistance please send us an email to